It seems uncannily appropriate with China so much on our minds to show, among others, a few sketches that Liza Phillips made at a residence in Taohuatan China last October. Here are her descriptions:
- Lucky with raised hand and Tai Chi champion, Taohuatan China – attempting to capture attitudes.
- Goose face study done in studio. I was interested in the similarity to a vent pipe.
- Figure study from film “Breaking Boats” – love the film and idea of tiny figures moving colossal boats.
- View from studios Taohuatan China 10/19 sketch for painting
- Francis on a train, Dublin, 12/19. He’s always a great subject
- Two figures at a rug show, Javits Center NYC 5/19; more interested in torsos of rug industry workers than rugs…
- Tracie with arms spread, China 10/19. Asked her to pose for painting.
- Stoop dog, China 10/19. This dog was so tired.
To see more of Liza Phillips work
To send a letter to the editor
To subscribe, see below or the right hand side of the homepage